Being a Sacred Heart School
Sacred Heart Schools were originally founded by the Society of the Sacred Heart, a religious congregation of women instituted by St Madeleine Sophie Barat in France. As a network member, we have adopted the Five Goals of Sacred Heart Education. These are a commitment to educate students to:
- a personal and active faith in God,
- a deep respect for intellectual values,
- a social awareness which impels to action,
- the building of community as a Christian value, and
- personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
These Goals are reflected in the Prayer of the Child of the Sacred Heart
We are a member of the Sacred Heart Schools Network of England and Wales.
Please click this image to find out more.
Our school was founded by the Sisters of the Sacred Heart in 1872. Click the image below to find out more about the history and development of our school.