Sacred Heart Primary School Parents’ Information
At Sacred Heart School, our Special Education Needs Co-ordinator is
Mrs Jess Birchall
She can be contacted on 020 8876 7074
or via e mail on email@example.com
Sacred Heart Primary School is committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education. We believe that all children, including those identifies as having a special educational need or a disability (SEND) have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of school life.
We believe that all children should be equally valued in school. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe.
As a school we work within the Wandsworth guidance on Provision for children with SEN in mainstream schools which explains the ways pupils with different additional needs are provided for within the school. We also follow our ‘Equality and Disability’ policy and we also have an ‘Accessibility’ plan
All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
At Sacred Heart School all pupils, regardless of their particular needs, are offered inclusive teaching which will enable them to make the best possible progress in school and feel that they are a valued member of the wider school community.
The four broad ‘areas of need’ are Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, and Sensory and Physical Needs.
For more information, please click on the attached documents.
- 01 Introduction for Parents
- 02 Who should I talk to
- 03 How does school decide if my child has SEN and what support they need
- 04 Different types of support available
- 05 How can I let school know that I am concerned
- 06 How will school let me know if they are concerned
- 07 How is extra support alloated to children
- 08 Who else provides services to chiIdren with SEND at Sacred Heart
- 09 How are teachers helped to work with children with SEND
- 10 How will the teaching be adapted for my child
- 11 How will we measure progress
- 12 What support is available for parents
- 13 How is school accessible
- 14 How will my child be supported joining leaving school or moving classes
- 15 How will we support your childs emotional and social development
- 16 Glossary