Sacred Heart School is founded upon the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His teachings and values as seen in the light of the tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart.
The Society has always devoted itself to promoting education and the pursuit of academic excellence.
Each student is entitled to a curriculum which is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated to suit their individual needs. The school aims to encourage and challenge each student to achieve their full potential.
Within this broad framework our aim is that they will:-
- Be respected for their personal worth and dignity as a person and be supported and cared for appropriately
- Be guided and helped towards spiritual development with opportunities for prayer and worship
- Be helped to develop a broad vision of the world, an awareness of environmental issues and a willingness to express concern in action
- Be encouraged to develop a caring attitude to those around them
- Develop knowledge of, respect for, and tolerance of other races, religions and cultures
- Develop competence in communication and numeracy
- Understand and experience technological processes and attain an awareness of technology’s impact on society
- Enjoy a range of cultural, aesthetic and leisure pursuits
- Be guided and helped towards mental and physical well-being
- Be encouraged to develop self-discipline and to take responsibility for their decisions and actions
- Enjoy their years at Sacred Heart